Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Up Late

I find myself wakeful tonight, praying for courage and wisdom. I find myself saying "No one tells you how to do this"..."this" being how to handle the terminal illness of a parent. Interestingly, when a life is brought into this world their parents are inundated with advice, strategies, opinions (solicited and not). There is a bountiful harvest of books, DVDs, classes and even CD's to make baby smarter in-utero.

But at the end of life, where is the knowledge then? Yes, there are books, probably even DVDS, though not nearly as many. There are those who offer prayer and concern, but don't know what else to say. Who tells you how to take care of retirement accounts and how to comfort the parent left behind? How to explain to your children when God chooses not to heal Grandma, as your wrestle with your own questions?

I named my blog 924 Mark in honor of a father who resonates with me every time I read Mark 9:24..."I believe. Help me overcome my unbelief". Let that be my cry as I take this journey with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment